Hall of Fame
The Alumni Society Hall of Fame was established in 2001 by the Executive Board of the Alumni Association, now the Alumni Society, to recognize COB Alumni who are making significant contributions to the development of The Bahamas. The honouree is presented with a 36” Silver European Cup, which symbolizes his or her outpouring of inspiration that causes others to thirst for knowledge, truth and integrity. The current Nomination Form is at the bottom of this page.
What Does it Take to Become a Member of The COB Alumni Hall of Fame?
The College of The Bahamas Alumni Society views induction into its Hall of Fame as its highest honour. It is a designation extended to individuals whose lives are the hallmark of The College’s motto "Knowledge, Truth, Integrity.”
To be considered for the Alumni Hall of Fame, nominees must:
• Have distinguished themselves as students, academically and socially, while at The College of The Bahamas.
• Be among the best in their chosen fields, displaying scrupulous conduct that stands as an example to others.
• Be a leader and relentless worker whose success benefits co-workers, those they supervise or employ and the community in general.
• Excel in civic outreach and make a contribution to society that is easily visible within their fields and the wider scope of Bahamian life.
• Exhibit strength of character that translates generally into community strengthening, personifying their alma mater’s motto "Knowledge, Truth, Integrity.”
• Be nominated.
Hall of Fame Inductees
2001 Bishop Neil C. Ellis, Mount Tabor Full Gospel Church
2002 Larry Gibson, financil services expert
2003 Laura Pratt-Charlton, entrepreneur
2004 The Hon. Tanya McCartney, former senator
2005 Vernice Walkine '77, former Director General of Tourism
2006 Keith Bell '95, former Superintendent Royal Bahamas Police Force
2007 Charles Sealy '91, CEO Doctor's Hospital
2008 I. Chester Cooper, President and CEO British American Financial
HALL OF FAME 2011
The search for the 2011 Alumni Hall of Fame inductee is underway. The Hall of Fame Award Nomination Form can be accessed by clicking below. Complete the nomination form, attach the requested documents and email the package to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to: Office of Alumni Relations & Development, The College of The Bahamas, P.O. Box N-4912, Nassau, Bahamas
For more information please call the Alumni Relations & Development Office at 302-4359.
The deadline for Alumni Hall of Fame 2011 nominations is August 5, 2011.